Thursday in Auburn

 

We spent an hour or so in nearby Auburn IN

where various local artists had painted small potting benches

that were placed around the square.  It was a perfect
reason for a summer stroll
under the beautiful, blue sky.




We broke our stroll
to enjoy breaded tenderloin sandwiches
at one of the restaurants,
shaded by umbrellas in an outdoor setting.




Two murals caught my eye along the way...



I was happy to share the experience
with my father and husband.
Life is beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Rebecca, life is beautiful, indeed. The painted potting benches are delightful. What a fun, unique show. Breaded tenderloin sandwiches are definitely a mid-western thing. I grew up in Illinois, and they could be found everywhere there. Not so west of the Mississippi, unfortunately. I would love to have one of those delicious sandwiches. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little town has a lot of artwork! Very neat murals!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)