Silence

 silence 
can be golden
or guilting
silence
can defend
or defeat
silence
can be private
or public
it's all in the hearing
(rlg, 5-11-2020)
I continue the discipline of writing ten line compositions
almost every day since the beginning of Lent..
At first it was just a way to create during the Lenten season.
Now it has become an almost necessary form
of personal expression.
My inspiration often comes the night before via a scene, experience,
something read, or something heard.
The fire pictured above happened on Mother's Day morning.
The air was conducive to silent fireside contemplation.
The cattle grazing were seen on one of our drives through our rural countryside.
Silence for me is almost always golden...

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate silence. It's in those times that I hear God most clearly. What's more peaceful than cattle grazing in a pasture?

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)