Putting on a Front

For several weeks now, I've slowed down
to see the progress on this new house.
While plain siding is the finish 
on the sides (and I presume, back) of the house,
the front is covered with
 brick AND stone AND Shaker-style shingles!
I call this "putting on a front".
The Urban Dictionary describes this phrase as 
'putting on a fake or false personality not keeping it real."
Putting on a front is currently the style on houses these days.
When it is being fake in personality or personal appearance,
it's less desirable, I think...
It is right, therefore, that we not just be called Christians, but that we actually be Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)