Lest I Forget...

 It was just a little over a 24-hour getaway,
but oh, the delight!
 Three friends at a lake cottage!
(This was the sunrise...)
We played Qwirkle...
we talked.
We visited a thrift store where I found these two treasure...
The book is a Bible study I wrote years ago.
 One of the friends gave me the Sister Wendy book. 
 At home, it now sits next to my recliner with an older book of saints.
I even returned home with two dozen farm fresh eggs!
Simple, delicious meals,
a surprise meetup with friends from long ago,
and personal quiet time from 4:00-7:30 in the morning
were all parts of a wonderful, much-needed respite.
Thanks, Betty!

7 comments:

  1. Such restful, peaceful scenes.

    That morning quiet time makes all the difference, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift! Those sunrise photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xas you know, photos can't begin to capture the real thing, but I'm glad I tried!😊

      Delete
  3. This post is full of blessings! I love the sunset photos. Beautiful.
    Have a greet week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)