Middlebury USA

 Another outing!
This one to Middlebury IN for a train show.
Trolleys were available to transport us to the three main display areas,
but the three of us braved the cold temperatures.
Canes in hand, we walked!
 We honestly didn't know what to expect.
As it turned out, there were close to 200 vendors...
 and less than ten operating train layouts.

 The most fun for me was seeing it through a child's eyes--
 THIS one, for instance, who was invited by the operator to ring the bell on the train
 when it stopped in front of him!
 Of course, there were plenty of BIG kids, as well!
 My dad (far right beside my hubby below) was a trooper!

After touring the displays,
we settled down for a super dinner buffet at Das Dutchman Essenhaus.

The way there and the way home,
we drove back roads through beautiful Amish countryside.
I love the relaxation and restoration a day like this brings with it!

"It is my experience that journeys rarely take us where we think we're going.  
As Steinbeck wrote 'we do not take a trip, a trip takes us.'"
(from Miles to Go, by Richard Paul Evans - my current read)

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a good day. We live among the Amish here in PA and I’d been interested to see the differences between the Indiana Amish and our locals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a difference between our local Amish and those north of us. All are so interesting to observe....

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE songs about trains. I know my dad sang a few....maybe that's what draws me to them. choo choo

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)