A Blast from the Past

 Maumee Valley Antique Steam and Gas Association!
Our first excursion to their annual show!
Oh, my!
 This mule team transported us to the train museum on adjacent land...
 My father was particularly fascinated by the threshing demonstration.
 Seeing the whole show through his 90+ year old eyes was an absolute thrill.

 My husband just might be the best son-in-law a man could ask for.
 (I know he's the husband God had 'specially for me!)
The next two photos show Dad in his early adulthood element.
He was LIVING it all again.
All three of us were happy we'd brought our canes.
It made it easier to navigate the amazing show without worrying about tripping or stumbling.
Watching the many demonstrations and sampling a few of the food offerings
completed the day for us.
I can't figure out how we've missed this annual event!
Yes.  I was there, too!

4 comments:

  1. OH! how my DH would love to have been there on this excursion, I can only imagine what a treat for you and your husband to have shared this with your Dad! Your Blast from the Past , was certainly successful, one that will probably be discussed for a while! Thank you for sharing this.
    Also enjoyed the post about neighbors, good neighbors are so needed now days.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really WAS a treat!
      And once again, Sue, I am SO happy you're "back"! ♥

      Delete
  2. What a fun time! Your dad looks so happy! You can tell he really enjoyed himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really DID dive in with an eagerness that brought a smile to my face/joy to my heart....

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)