I Enjoy Being a Girl

My quest to find appealing (to me) books to read rested recently on
The Lady of the Limberlost:
The Life and Letters of Gene Stratton-Porter
by her daughter, Jeannette Porter Meehan.
If YOU enjoy being a girl,
you may enjoy this except from a letter Gene wrote to a young friend, Cosie.
Begin on the page to the left at the paragraph beginning, "My idea of a dress"
and continue through most of the next page.
So much goodness in this book!
In this age of gender confusion with what I've currently read
includes from 63-90+ possible gender identifications,
I return to the Genesis account of creation
and the old-fashioned belief that there are only two.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rebecca! I just love this! I'll have to see if I can find this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really are some GEMS in short sentences on these two pages alone! i.e. "Wealth may buy these things...but it doesn't make them appropriate."

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)