Living this Dilemma

 
Borrowed.  Out-of-season.  But finished...

...do you sometimes feel it’s easier to write than to speak? I’ve always been like that, words can stop before they come out. I can think one thing, and suddenly when I try to say it out loud, it turns into something different. Not for me, but for the listener, who could be anyone I talk to really. And I guess it’s not just the listener who is a bad listener, but I can be a bad teller.
 
I’m not that good with words, I don’t trust I will be understood, and that alone can stop them before they get the chance to be spoken. Other times I have way too many words that probably shouldn’t been spoken… Anyone recognize this dilemma?  (Maren, here)

Dear Maren.  
Do I "RECOGNIZE" this dilemma?!?
I LIVE this dilemma!
A truly wise person uses few words;
a person with understanding is even-tempered.  Proverbs 17:27

 If you are silent, be silent out of love. If you speak, speak out of love. (Augustine)

3 comments:

  1. Oh! It's a puzzle! It took me a minute. Is that the light hitting it at the bottom, giving it a glow? Or is that a part of the artwork? Gorgeous effect.

    Too few words here. I can overdo it, but usually I am a few words only and then stop. I am amazed at people who can keep going (War and Peace...what?? Or early morning talk shows...how do they DO that? That many words coming out is simply a superpower.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think it's a light glow. I hadn't even noticed it. I take a photo of puzzles we've finished to help us remember. (Put 'em in a facebook album.)

      I like your last statement - that many words being simply a superpower! For SURE.

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)