Trail Walking


 "I wish I knew where we are in relationship to where we started! 
 I guess I'll just have to trust..."
I said this out loud while walking a complicated network of trails earlier this week,
surrounded by beauty but feeling quite "lost" in the maze and perplexity of unidentified paths. 
Very occasionally, a trail marker appeared telling us we were on a trail.
Just not WHERE!
I would have much rather have known where our current position lay
in relationship to the start and finish!
As soon as I'd said it, I realized how much my trail experience was like LIFE!
How I'd love to know the beginning from the end--
and where I am in relationship to them both!
Most of the time, (as on the trail) all I can DO is trust.

 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

5 comments:

  1. I love that analogy and completely understand it as well! It does so often feel like that. I like how you find wisdom or something to ponder in unexpected places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust. That's the lesson, isn't it? It's the only lesson.

    Beautiful photos!

    "Trail." Hahaha...I knew that, hahah...they might as well have signs that say, "Tree." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! (About BOTH - trust AND tree)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos, and I love the Scripture verses, too. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)