Heavy Loads

It's been two years since I'd been to my family doctor.
One of my prescriptions needed updated.  The office nurse called and told me that
(naturally) before he'd refill it, I needed to see him.
Fortunately, there was an early morning appointment available.
I took it.
I'd been putting off the inevitable knowing that when I stepped on the scale,
I'd be met by hard, cruel facts.
I was.
Our doctor is a good one.  He listened.  He didn't lecture.
He didn't HAVE to.
I left with a new prescription and fresh determination.
Then I was on my way to feed Mother her noon meal at the nursing home in Ohio.
I was stopped at one point by this train hauling tank cars--
a line that stretched beyond my view and just kept coming!
As I waited and watched, I smiled to myself
at the reminder of a few heavy loads I am currently bearing--
not the least of which is LITERAL and PHYSICAL extra weight
(which doesn't make the OTHER loads easier to bear)!
THIS challenge is not impossible.
My determination is fresh.  I have a plan.
And I started.  Yesterday.
The "train" is in motion - which is sometimes the most difficult part of the "haul"!



6 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes all wee need is a little push/encouragement, and like the little train engine, who told himself, I think I can, I think I can, we will motivated right along.

    Wishing you well dear Rebecca ~ Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine. Yes - Another lesson from a train :)

      Delete
  2. You can do it. Thanks for the encouragement to me to get on with my weight loss and get the rest of it gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your "train" is in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. :) Today is Day 10 on the journey to pay attention to my physical health. I'm thankful to have begun!

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)