Closer

 It's a small book.  Maybe 3"x 6".   It's an old book.  Spine taped to hold it together.
We read its daily prayer as a "closer" to our devotional time, my husband and I.
Almost ALWAYS there is something uniquely fitting to our current situation, 
and today was no exception.
***
...as with gladness of heart, without haste or confusion of thought, we go about our daily tasks, conscious of ability to meet every rightful demands, seeing the larger meaning of little things, and finding beauty everywhere.
...may we live above all the influences that depress and discourage, and come into that assurance of faith which is itself the victory that overcometh the world.
...we would enter into the secret place of Thy presence, that, hidden with Thee, our souls may be filled with a sense of Thy sheltering care...
There is something reassuring about having a "closer" to our morning quiet hour.
(Closer = a person or thing that closes or ends something.)
Do you have a closer?  And if so, would you share what it is?

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful little book, one I'd like to have in my own collection. I saved the quote.

    As a 'closer' I've been reading a book by David Roper, 'Seeing God ~ Meet God in the Unexpected'.

    I like to read uplifting and encouraging writings before sleep.

    Have a lovely weekend dear Rebecca ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have many vintage books like yours that give me reassurance of Gods mercy and grace and nuggets of wisdom. There is something so special within the pages of an old devotional as compared to today's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many vintage books like yours that give me reassurance of Gods mercy and grace and nuggets of wisdom. There is something so special within the pages of an old devotional as compared to today's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those words "living above the influences" jumped out at me. It's easy to look at life and become overwhelmed. And of course God's "sheltering care" is more than I can comprehend.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)