Borrowing Prayer

Sometimes when I don't know how to express my own heart to God, 
I "borrow" the prayers of others - like THIS one this morning.
Line by line.  Sentence by sentence.
Pausing between them.
By the time I'm done, it's my own.  
Often, with the reading of the prayer, 
the "pump is primed" and I continue on with additional personal words.   
Frequently I return to the ending of the printed prayer
and end with a sincere & hearty "Amen".
Other times, the prayer is open-ended...

Suffer us not to live selfish or useless lives.

5 comments:

  1. Reading your precious words reminded me of these verses....Romans 8:26-28 - And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
    Trusting in the One Who knows our hearts.....love you, sweet Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, just our hearts crying out Jesus' name is all we need to say. He knows what is going on in our hearts and lives each and every step of this journey.

    Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Suffer us not to live selfish or useless lives."

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)