Packaged

It occurred to me while creating a post for another blog of mine
that there was  a Life Lesson here!
I noticed the packaging a few of my Christmas gifts had come in, 
and commented about my pleasure in them
(not unlike small children who enjoy the box as much or more than the gift itself).
 I wrote, "Whether beautiful, unique, utilitarian or a combination of the three...
I really enjoyed the packaging of Christmas 2014."
 THEN I got to thinking how beautifully "packaged" I am in Christ Jesus!
I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! 
For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation 
and draped me - some versions say "wrapped me" - in a robe of righteousness. 
I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.  (Isaiah 61:10)
I can't HELP pondering and wondering over how
 beautiful, unique, and utilitarian (OR actually a combination of the three)
is HIS "wrapping" of ME..
and like a child, I am even more enamored with the Wrapping than the gift of Me!

6 comments:

  1. A beautifully wrapped post! Have a Blessed SonDay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Mary's comment! Now that's a wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE are so beautifully made, that our packaging is just gorgeous! :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome analogy just using the every day things to see His love for us and our relationship with Hint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Him ....that's what I get for posting from my phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) How often my phone has put a most unexpected twist to my intended comments!!!!

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)