More than "Possible"

This is my Bible....C.C.'s photo had verse 5 highlighted.....
I have a Twitter account.  I use it primarily as a file of inspiring and challenging quotes.  This morning, Christine Caine's tweet sent me to her Instagram account--by the way, I don't have an Instagram account--there IS a limit:  This, along with a photo showing Joshua 3:5 highlighted in yellow, is what I found:

"I don't know about you, but I go to sleep believing this EVERY night.  I find that the more I BELIEVE the Lord will do amazing things among us, the more I see him do amazing things.  Life is too short to waste in unbelief, fear, doubt & negativity. As for me & my house, we are BELIEVING GOD!!!

"My word" for 2015 is possible. I wrote how that came to be here.  C.C.'s tweet and the accompanying Scripture impress me to expect so much MORE than possible.  God DID, CAN, and WILL DO AMAZING things!

It appears to me that Joshua called for at least two things here.  First, that the people "consecrate" (some versions say "purify") themselves in anticipation/expectation for God's amazing activity on their behalf.  Secondly, that preparation for the next day begin the night before!  Tomorrow begins today!

With God's help, I will incorporate both of these insights more intentionally into my daily - well, nightly - practice.


2 comments:

  1. Amen, that is a good word. Possible!! Jesus said many times that he couldn't do a work because of unbelief, so if we are looking for Him to work and do amazing things we will be enabling Him to do more amazing things...........what an interesting and true thought, rather exciting I would say.........
    Hope you are staying warm, sounds like a very cold day up there.
    Thanks for coming by for a visit always nice to hear from you hon. Also how are you doing
    since your fall? Are you all back to normal now?? You be really careful with those snowy
    icy times that you are probably having or will be having...............

    Blessings Galore, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite back to "normal" but improving slowly - and believe me - being VERY careful with snow/icy conditions! Yes, it's VERY cold here!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)