My Christmas Wish

Seen at Brookside last week...





A friend in Blogland (I declare!  Sometimes I simply marvel that these are folk I've never actually met in person!) posted this amazing tribute to a friend recently gone to her heavenly home:
 Today in my final goodbyes I grieved not for her, but for my loss of her: an earthly lamplight radiating with a steady luster of faithful kindness and availability. She lit my world with mercy that mirrored the Father's love, glowing from the depths of a spirited and compassionate heart.
I find myself rather melancholy and reflective in spirit these days while many around me are merry.  I know it will pass.  But these words of Beth in Blogland  struck such a chord within me!  How I long to be "an earthly lamplight".  Mirrowing the Father's love.  Glowing from the depths of a spirited and compassionate heart...

This is my Christmas wish.
What's yours???

10 comments:

  1. Dear Rebecca ~ You are a 'lamplight' to many. You've been through a lot this year and I wish for
    you peace, joy, love and God's wonderful light filling you each and every day.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhh. ♥ You're definitely one of those "Blogland people" that I feel like I've met and known face-to-face, Lorraine. And I don't want to squander my Christmas wishes on myself but be a blessing to EVERYONE who crosses my path today!

      Delete
  2. Today begins Hanukkah - the eight day festival of lights! We, who know Christ, know the Light of the World! I had a reading the other day by St. John of the Cross. He wrote extensively about the "dark night of the soul" and about living "simply". I find comfort from the writings of early Christians, especially to know they too, had dark and dreary times in their walk.

    You, my friend, have experienced so very much in this past year. Allow yourself the melancholy moments, journal it! Then when they have lifted, you can go back and remember how far you've come.

    Thanks for stopping by at "Confessions of a Prison Librarian". Yes... some of their poetry is dark and foreboding. I would suppose that happens when one is serving a life sentence. I do love the starkness of their words in print.

    Blessings to you, my friend, my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can well understand their "darkness". And the starkness catches my attention and reminds me that "the Lord is my light and my salvation".....

      And I am SO aware that as much as I've experienced in the past year, it is NOTHING compared to what others have walked through and what my Savior went through for me. NOTHING.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful post. You are a lamplight to me, Rebecca, as I stop by now and again.... So thankful for those who can share words eloquently and for those who quickly draw me into our Father's love and grace. You are a precious blessing.

    Blessings upon your Christmas celebrations and may 2015 be a year of good health and great joy for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful words...what a tribute to that friend. I echo your prayer to be such a lamplight to others in this dark world. Continued prayers for you along the journey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Cheryl. And yes, let us be lamplights!

      Delete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)