A Beautiful Mind

I don't know why, but this photo of a project my husband has been working on makes me think of the movie, ,"A Beautiful Mind".  It's been a long time since I saw it, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Some research has concluded that “Disorderly environments seem to inspire breaking free of tradition, which can produce fresh insight".  And Albert Einstein once said, "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” 

I am always amazed and thankful for what emerges from this particular disorderly environment.  Somehow, it makes my own clutter seem less formidable. 
In all fairness, I should add that it doesn't always look this way.
At least once a month (or maybe at the end of a project) it returns to its more organized state. 
***
Returning to this post the next morning, I see something else altogether!
I see how God's people stand out against the chaotic background of a world gone wild!


Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights
 in a world full of crooked and perverse people.  (Philippians 2:15)

Now THIS is the reminder I'll carry with me today.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Rebecca ~ Seeing your husband's workshop makes me feel not so bad about hubby's/mine. It was a dream come true, we built it and he created much in it. I am thankful.

    I love that sweet little piece in the photo.

    Love the quotes too. Makes me feel better about my own cluttered surfaces. :-)

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points! Maybe a new way of looking at clutter for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our basement is very cluttered....but it's entirely my husband's junk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... I bet he knows where everything is :0) Organized chaos is something that is easier to work with...it is the other kinds of chaos that is hard ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that creativity and messiness go hand in hand...:)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)