More Than Water...

...at THE WELL...
a Borders-like Bookstore/Coffee Shop in McPherson KS!
 It was busy during the mid-morning hours we were here!
 People of all ages chattered at tables.  
 We were surrounded by laughter and friendly banter.
 Chalkboards hung from the ceilings identified the various classifications
 of Christian books.
 And though only mid-November, I was not unhappy to see
 Christmas trees decorated throughout the store.

 I remember when I used to think the season was rushed.
 But not the past few years!
 I'm ready for the lights and cheerful colors
that announce Christmas
as soon as the time change renders it dark
LONG before my should-be bedtime!
 I could hardly keep my hands off the keys of the piano
 that sat in the center of the store!
Books of Christmas carols stood ready to accompany
a Christmas sing-a-long...
 Wow!  I wish we had a store like this near our home!
In addition to the chalkboards hanging from the ceiling,
THIS chalkboard was on the front wall...
ready for recording the names of all who enjoy The Wall!
Joy to the World....the Lord is come
Let earth receive her King.
Let every heart prepare Him room...

6 comments:

  1. This looks very much like a place I'd enjoy browsing and the trees are beautiful. Makes me want to put mine up but I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to McPherson a couple of times....a long time ago! Everybody wears purple in that town.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like fun..and sure would move me more toward the season

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be worth the trip there just to soak in the atmosphere in the store. The chalkboards are so charming. My RB could not have resisted the temptation to play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how lovely. I think you should have played the piano--they probably would've loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of store.....I bet you jotted down a lot of good ideas while there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)