Little Did I Know...

Little did I know when I was posting yesterday what the day would hold.
This little one, our newest grandson (who I've yet to meet) entered the hospital.  
Listless, with obvious problems.
There were suspicions of an infection.
The spinal tap came back negative.  We're SO thankful.
He remains on the lowest setting of the ventilator this morning,
and they will begin intravenous (don't think that's spelled right) feeding today
So many prayed and are still praying.
Me?  I confess that I prayed my guts out.  Almost literally.
I offered God myself in this boy's place.
I tried to complete my responsibilities for the day.
Finally, I bathed myself in the Psalms 
and listened to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing
Thou O Lord again and again.
Our daughter reported this morning that he's not "in the clear" yet
but doing much better. 

You who sit down in the High God's presence, 
spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
   Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
      I trust in you and I'm safe!"
   That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
      shields you from deadly hazards.
   His huge outstretched arms protect you—
      under them you're perfectly safe;
      his arms fend off all harm.
   Fear nothing...
Psalm 91



21 comments:

  1. Lifting you all up in prayer, and especially this precious little boy. Keep us informed of his progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying right now for this dear sweet little baby boy.
    As I look at his photo and know that his parents and grandparents are worrying and praying, I also pray for you all.
    "Dear Heavenly Father...please wrap your loving arms around this tiny little one. Touch him in a mighty way, dear Lord. I pray for a miraculous and speedy recovery for him...begging and pleading in the name of Jesus Christ that you will restore his health and keep him safe as he continues to grow in You, Lord. Thank you for his loving and praying parents, grandparents, and friends. Thank you for Your amazing love and grace. You are Mighty, Lord and worthy to be praised in all things. I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen."
    I will continue to pray for this dear little one, Rebecca. Please, let us know how he is doing.
    Love you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I'll let you know. I appreciate your prayer and concern and long-distance friendship.

      Delete
  3. poor little guy! i pray that the Lord will strengthen
    his body and sing over him until he is safe at home.

    our firstborn was in a similar situation for 12 days.
    now he is 6' 7'', healthy as an ox and getting
    married in a month.

    "be strong and courageous, for the Lord is mighty
    to save."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this witness to the power and grace of God, my friend!

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry this is happening. I pray he gets stronger hourly, and daily he gets better. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know these words and this prayer come from a heart that has known its share of sorrow. Thank you for your words of encouragement, prayers, and cyber-hug!

      Delete
  5. So sorry to find this piercing jolt you have had...glad to hear the ray of light at end of post..will hang on tightly to that LIGHT for you today....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers are going to your sweet little angel. He will be fine by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. We grannies would do anything for our child's child! Have a happy and blessed Mother's Day with wonderful news.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asking God that your sweet little one receive a complete healing..in Jesus name. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks so healthy and beautiful. Lets pray that this is just a minor setback and everything will be fine. You know I will be praying for that little sweetie pie. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. May the Lord our God, Jehovah Rapha, our Healer, touch this precious baby with a complete and quick recovery. May He also minister a peace and comfort to parents, grandparents, and all who love him.
    Love & Prayers,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am still praying and believing all will be well....I am so sorry Rebecca that you had to suffer this unexpected and painful circumstance.:(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just added your grandson and family to my prayer list. Rebecca.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Rebecca I'm praying for your sweet grand. My heart aches for you all and I am on my knees for your sweet one....

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is this sweet baby doing?

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)