On the First Day of OUR Week

(You can click on any of these pictures to enlarge them...)
After church and a meal shared with some friends from our church, 
we drove to Huntington, IN to enjoy the Victory Noll Center's Fall Festival.  
Soon after arriving, we boarded the wagon for a tour around the beautiful campus.
 These were the shoes of the kids that sat across from us
in the wagon...
 Our ride took us through meadows of native grasses
and wildflowers.
 Circling back to the main campus, 
we passed through the cemetery. 
 I couldn't help but wonder how many varieties of trees
there are here!
 After the ride, we walked the labyrinth.
We followed the path to the center, but took a shortcut out.
The children were having a good time running all over their "maze"!
Many trees were labeled like this (below).  
This particular tree is the one in the middle of the labyrinth.
EVERYthing was beautiful this afternoon!  Even these steps leading down
to the Stations of the Cross.
 I liked this view--two crosses, the small bell in the belfry...the blue sky!
 I think this oak tree might have been the most beautiful one 
I saw this afternoon...(but there were SO many, I really shouldn't pick a favorite)!
 Below you can see my husband walking down the "Stations" path...
 As we left, I stopped to take some pictures of the beautiful 
potted plants surrounding this particular entrance.
 We ALMOST didn't make the trip.  I'm SO glad we did!
It was an absolutely WONDERFUL way to begin the week!
Now on the first day of the week
Mary Magdalene went early, while it was still dark, to the tomb, 
and saw the stone taken away from the tomb.
John 20:1
Now THAT was a REALLY wonderful way to begin a week!
How did YOUR week begin?

6 comments:

  1. That looks great. What a perfect fall day! I cooked and hauled men back and forth to move equipment from one field to another and cooked again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Day! It appears that maybe you are feeling better? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Brenda! I am MUCH improved. My brother said to take COOL showers (I'd been taking hot showers and baths to soothe the itching.) That immediately helped with the night itching. Now only a few spots remain "active"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My week began with church on Sunday morning. I played on the worship team for the third week in a row and LOVED it! Seems so good to be back playing keyboard after almost 9 months of "Keyboard sabbatical!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty post! And such a wonderful way to start your week!
    I love the idea of thinking of Sunday as the FIRST day of the week rather than thinking of it as the last day of the weekend.

    It looks like you had perfect weather too, beautiful sky and cool enough to need a jacket! That's my idea of a perfect day weather-wise, and it looks like the start of your week was perfect in every way!
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing...how wonderful and I can't think of a better way to welcome in fall. Great pictures

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)