Rambling Day and Night

Some of the flowers rambling in our backyard...
Rambling a bit this morning....a continuation of a rambling night!  I haven't been sleeping all that soundly.  I'm semi-sidelined with a pain around my left shoulder blade.  As a result, most of my daytime hours are spent in my recliner with a heating pad.

During the night, I have a Christian radio station playing softly.  I hear some very encouraging (and challenging) messages.  I also think I've been dreaming!

For one thing, in the middle of the night my right hand THINKS it is operating my built-in laptop mousepad!  Now that's a strange sensation to experience in a half-asleep state.

I also dreamed that I stumbled across an unfamiliar picture 3 times in one day.  Once was in someone's blog....the other two instances were unrelated to the computer.  I woke up trying to figure out if it was a dream or if it actually had happened yesterday.  I can't remember what the picture was and STILL am unclear if it was a dream or actual experience...

Apparently, I have been spending too much time on the laptop.  (I AM rather proud of using my "time out" to figure out how to use my own photos as backgrounds for my blogs.  However, I have run out of blogs to remodel, so I'll have to move on to something else, I guess.)

I'm going a little stir-crazy waiting for the pain to subside.
A person can only ramble so much!


6 comments:

  1. Morning Rebecca,
    Glad I am not the only one who dreams and then wonders if this really happened or did I dream it.
    I have been dreaming a lot lately, and had to ask my husband the other morning if I said something to to him about a family member early that morning, and he said NO, so it must have been a dream, but I would have almost staked my life on the fact I did!! lol

    Sorry your shoulder is giving you problems, but
    thankful you have a heading pad, recliner and a good radio station.........at least that helps some!! lol

    That is funny about your hand acting up while you are sleeping .......a sure sign of a lot of time on the computer.......lol

    Hope you will be feeling better in no time, will sure be praying for you hon.
    No fun when you can't get comfy to sleep, thank the Lord for recliner tho, I spend a lot more time in the baby than I would like to admit!! lol
    Have a sweet weekend,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that kind of pain and I needed to have a rib adjusted...do you chiro? I do of course.... Ice is key too if it is muscle b/c it takes out inflammation then heat alternated. I am laughing about your dream. Reality/dream haha You may need an intervention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in those 'dreamlike' states...and they are very disconcerting.
    I do hope that your pain goes away and that you are feeling better very soon!
    I pray that you have a blessed day, my friend.
    Hugs and love to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heating pad has become my best friend lately. Since the surgery I am falling asleep so early (6:30) and am freezing so I crawl under the feather blanket with my heating pad. Not very romantic but who cares!
    I hope your shoulder pain subsides soon. Perhaps the full moon coming is affecting your sleep a bit. I don't know when it is but my husband keeps reminding me so I think it's soon.
    I have the weirdest dreams normally but haven't dreamed much since the surgery. I just get exhausted at night. Wake up, blog a bit and go back to sleep. I guess I need it and so do you. Sweet dreams my friend! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've had those "dreams", too...and wake up and not know if it's a dream, or reality!! I sometimes even ask Pappy if it was a dream, or real life!!! ;-) HOPE your shoulder gets better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it is back to normal soon.
    Your story about using your laptop mouse in your sleep reminds me of when my eldest daughter was in her teens, she had a job as a grocery store checker. She was a bit nervous about learning the new machine so she would "practice" in her sleep! We still laugh about that.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)