Save Me From Myself!

 "The true character of the loveliness that speaks for God is always unnoticed by the one possessing that quality.  Conscious influence is prideful and unchristian.  If I wonder if I am being of any use to God, I instantly lose the beauty and the freshness of the touch of the Lord."  (O. Chambers, August 21, My Utmost...His Highest.)

Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
Oh, to be lost in Thee;
Oh, that it might be no more I,
But Christ that lives in me.


 Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; 
save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
Jeremiah 17:14

(Comments disabled for this post)

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your very kind comment over at my place. It encourages me to know that what I write influences my good friends such as yourself. We carry an extra load of responsibility as Christians to be His witness. We must recognize our own sins - those outside of Christ are not bothered all that much by sin. We ARE bothered and that's what keeps us in the battle. He will only do what we cannot. We can do this through His strength.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)