Buffalo NY -- Scratching the Surface

 More neighborhood walks (one gentleman invited us into his backyard 
and gave me some starts of "moon flowers"!)
See more beautifully painted houses HERE.  

 Time at the marina was wonderful!
 In addition to watching the boats, viewing the lighthouses, etc.
we walked through the beautifully tended gardens and
walked the line of carvings made out of trees that were felled
during a rare October storm in 2006.
 I really liked the nickname of Albert James Myer  (one of the carved figures)!
"Old Probabilities"
 I took a leisurely tour of the Botanical Gardens while Gary golfed next door.
 It was beautiful inside and out!
We finished the day at Our Lady of Victory National Shrine & Basilica.
Definitely a "must see" in Buffalo--
Lackawanna, actually.
We've found people here to be very friendly and helpful.
I'd definitely recommend a trip to Buffalo.

7 comments:

  1. The Botanical Gardens were beautiful! I will go over to your garden blog to see what you've posted. Glad you and Gary are enjoying this trip!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, the botanical gardens looks absolutely divine. I'd love to see that. How cool that a person you met on vacation gave you moonflower starts. That's a nice person. Oh , moonflowers are gorgeous. One of my FB friends posted a photo of moonflowers from her garden. They are so gorgeous, almost ethereal looking :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you all are having a wonderful
    time. I am enjoying all the posts and
    pictures. Love the gardens and the
    lovely houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have never been, but our neighbors were from Buffalo...how beautiful...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green, green and still more green! I miss that from the eastern states. I grew up next to the Erie - Lackawanna railroad. When I moved from home, I had difficulties falling asleep at night. No sound of the trains lulling me to slumber.

    Haven't told you lately, but I love your posts!

    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking YOU must be my Buffalo tour guide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca thankyou for sharing the beautiful photos on your blogs of your trip! I wish I could see the botanical gardens like that and today... the word PEACE is just all over me!!! Thankyou!!!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)