The Plan

#8. Only for today, I will make a plan for myself: I may not follow it to the letter, but I will make it. And I will be on guard against two evils: hastiness and indecision.

Here's "the plan"--Devotions with hubby; breakfast; jump on trampoline/walk for 20 minutes; shower; straighten kitchen counter & island; go over script for drama Sunday; read chapter in Celebration for Discipline for tomorrow's study group; attend community Lenten luncheon; rest; pull out writing and give it the "college try"; sort through a pile of blankets, fabrics and pillows that have accumulated on a chair in our bedroom; watch Judge Judy (yes, I do this every so often); go practice drama with the other two participants (8:30); go to bed.

Looking back at "the plan", I realize that it's a little ambitious for me.  (I know.  Some people would whip right through it.  But ever since my bout with shingles that began late last year, I have slowed down considerably...)  Nonetheless, I've decided to keep it as is and remember the part of #8 that says, "I may not follow it to the letter."  I especially like the LAST phrase:  I will be on guard against two evils: hastiness and indecision.  Both of these have been real "killers" in my personal experience when tolerated.

If you missed my previous post, you may want to slip down to see the other nine in the Decalogue for Daily Living.  One of my friends said she might be going through this list for Lent which would mean she would practice each one 4x's.  I would join her except I frequently make such big plans and then disappoint myself by not following through.  So instead...

Only for today, I will make a plan for myself: I may not follow it to the letter, but I will make it. And I will be on guard against two evils: hastiness and indecision.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Rebecca that is one busy day! I wish you well, and I liked seeing that word, rest, thrown in there. Good idea.
    I try not to miss Judge Judy myself. I love her common sense and intelligence. I think she is awesome.
    I hope your day goes as planned and smoothly at that. Jack is coming over today again. Hopefully all will go well again.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound REALLY ambitious! But since the plan is in place that's at least half the battle. Just give yourself permission to let something go if you need to. Have a wonderful and busy and "planned" day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an ambitious day, but you have rest and relaxation in there too. I noticed you aren't cooking supper LOL! I AM going to try to follow the Pope's Decalogue as part of my Lenten disciplines, focusing on one per day. While I'm at it, I plan to look at each of the 10 commandments, one per day. These two lists of great words should keep me busy for the next 40 days! I like Judge Judy too, though I don't get a chance to watch TV these days. Have you ever read her book, Don't Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining ? Gotta give that lady credit for telling it like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are SO funny! It is NOT that ambitious!

    Jacquelyn, I've not read J.J.'s book--but that's a great title! An no, I'm not cooking supper. We have the Lenten Luncheon at noon, and usually only eat one meal besides breakfast...So I'll be cutting up some pineapple & strawberries & banana for an evening snack. Didn't think it worth listing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound like a very ambitious day but remember when the children were small and how busy our days were? Wears me out to think about it! Plans and list making are good to a certain extent and the caveat "I may not follow it to the letter" is marvelous. Wishing you good health, my friend. Stay dry today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my friend and my sister in Christ! How I should have come here earlier! I love your list of 10 and as I am struggling to find something of value to practice or "give up" for lent, I may incorporate some or all of these - one at a time on a daily basis.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's just something about intentional living that is ... well, oh-so, intentional! I love it! It's the antedote for regret & guilt. It's the impetus for conscious thanksgiving.

    I like a similar quote: "Plan your work; work your plan". It sure helps one to keep their focus!

    Just for today ...
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)