My husband's birthday seemed like a good time to check out the local furniture store. The advertised $299 recliners were soon ruled out as our eyes wandered to other attractive options.
Being in a liberal and happy birthday spirit, I asked my husband to try out the "black leather".
The rest is history. We waited for delivery yesterday. It finally arrived half an hour later than the three hour promised time frame.
It looked so small sitting among the other giants of its species on the floor of the store! We estimated it to be size equivalent to our previous model. However, it is huge! In my opinion, aesthetics are sacrificed at the expense of "comfort", and while in my youth I had sworn it would not happen to me, here we are!
|Thirft store bargain - $6, I believe|
- Then you will say on that day, "I will give thanks to You, O LORD; For although You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, And You comfort me. (Isaiah 12:1)
- Shout for joy, O heavens! And rejoice, O earth! Break forth into joyful shouting, O mountains! For the LORD has comforted His people And will have compassion on His afflicted. (Isaiah 49:13)
- Indeed, the LORD will comfort Zion; He will comfort all her waste places. And her wilderness He will make like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in her, Thanksgiving and sound of a melody. (Isaiah 51:3)
- "I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you are afraid of man who dies And of the son of man who is made like grass. (Isaiah 51:12)
- Break forth, shout joyfully together, You waste places of Jerusalem; For the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem. (Isaiah 52:9)
- To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn. (Isaiah 61:2)
- "As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; And you will be comforted in Jerusalem." (Isaiah 66:13)