This does not bode well for the future. The “me-and-Jesus” or “the family church” (not to be confused with the “home church” movement) are not supported by God’s inspired Word. Yes, there are church experiences in many peoples’ lives that are negative. And while there have been legitimate reasons to leave an organized, local church, there are NO legitimate reasons to fail to seek out and become a part of a vibrant, Biblically sound congregation.
- Where in one place can I consistently experience the worship of God, the Word of God, and the gifts of the Spirit?
- Where did God “set” spiritual leadership and spiritual gifts?
- Where can I find consistently sound & Bible-based teaching, edifying fellowship, gatherings to pray?
- If I am sick, where can I find spiritual people to come and pray for my healing?
- Where can I be filled with awe as I see God move mightily?
Hebrews 10:25 says: Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Don’t be part of the disastrous trend happening today! The “Day is approaching.” Don’t be among those who “give up meeting together”. Let’s be people who are committed to and supportive of the local church. When (not if) there are problems, seek God first. Then work together with the leadership to fix them, rather than to turn your back on the provision Jesus Christ has established and blessed for the purpose of His children's highest good and His eternal glory!
OK. Here's the disclaimer. My husband is a pastor. But here's some additional truth. I have had my share of disappointments with the church-not this latest one of course (a tad bit of sarcasm here)! However, I've also found my greatest and most consistent spiritual growth as a result of my involvement with local churches and their various ministries.
How about YOU?