Lady Bugs' Christmas

Our Lady Bug Red Hat group had our Christmas meeting this afternoon.  Sonie has hosted this event for many years.  The tables were beautifully decorated and boxes of homemade chocolates were at each place setting along with a stuffed lady bug.  We enjoyed a delicious buffet dinner, sang carols and exchanged gifts.  Then we tried playing "Rhythm"--an old game from my teenage years.  I can't remember laughing so hard as 19 of us tried to remember our numbers and stay in the clapping rhythm required to carry out the game!  If we'd had the forethought to video our game, I have NO doubt we could have cashed in BIG TIME on America's Funniest Home Videos.  *What we lacked in skill, we made up for with determination!  I'm SO thankful for this group of friends!

(If interested, you can click on the collage to enlarge it, and click again on the enlargement to see any picture up closer...)

*After writing that phrase, I couldn't get it (or the picture of us all trying so hard) out of my mind.  It made me think of the prayer King David prayed for his son in I Chronicles 29:19:  "And give my son Solomon the wholehearted devotion to keep your commands, requirements and decrees and to do everything to build the palatial structure for which I have provided."  I may have no skills to build or oversee the building of "palatial structures" in my lifetime, but what I lack in skill I will make up for in determination and wholehearted devotion to the Lord! 

4 comments:

  1. This just sound wonderful..your pictures are great, your blog looks great...so talented! Laughter...what an awesome gift God gave us...we all need to use it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a wonderful time you all had! fun fun fun!!!
    When you get time, email me and tell me how you do the collage and the strike-out! Love your look over here girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca,
    What a fun time you all had! I have to tell you how much I've missed reading your posts. A Lot!!
    I'm so sorry that I haven't been by lately but I am hoping things will be alright for awhile!
    Your new background is very festive!!!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, It looks like you ladies know how to have a good time. The decor was very creative and festive as is your template.♥

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)