In addition to the swimsuit thing, these 10 questions from Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health by Donald S. Whitney will help me evaluate the past year and compose my primary focus and goals for 2011. I find them convicting and challenging and comforting--all at the same time!
- Do I thirst for God?
- Am I governed increasingly by God’s Word?
- Am I more loving?
- Am I more sensitive to God’s presence?
- Do I have a growing concern for the temporal and spiritual needs of others?
- Do I delight in the Bride of Christ?
- Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to me?
- Do I still grieve over sin?
- Am I a quicker forgiver?
- Do I yearn for heaven and to be with Jesus?
I have a strong suspicion that if I answer these questions with an increasing number of "yeses" throughout 2011, the swimsuit thing just may happen, too!