If God Chuckles....

While enjoying a break from sight-seeing, let me share with you the joy we experienced in worshiping with my brother and sister-in-law at their church this morning!  We'd enjoyed an honest and stimulating conversation prior to the worship hour--sharing our hearts, passions, and love for Jesus.

Arriving at church, it was incredible to find each song full of meaningful expressions of our hearts!  Then the sermon addressed each concern and care we had verbalized concerning the body of Christ, His Church.  If God chuckles, He must have been chuckling as we looked with amazement at each other as we gathered at the car to return home!  One by one, the issues we had expressed concern about were matched by the truth of the Word from Acts 5.

I must also report that a verbal,sentence prayer offered at 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning was answered fully.  "Lord, give us 2 hours of sleep free of pain and perplexity."  A little after 5:00, I woke from sleep unhindered by joint pain and my husband from sleep no longer hampered by an issue he was wrestling with! 

How gracious and good my Heavenly Father!  The Bible says He delights in giving good gifts to His children!  Why should I be surprised by these evidences of His graciousness?

5 comments:

  1. Indeed! It is our Father's good pleasure
    to give us, His children, the kingdom!
    It's ours for the taking, paid for in
    the blood of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how God meets our needs just at the right time. And the timing of the concerns and service are always a great confirmation that He cares about our concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is to big or to small for our Lord. It is always exciting to be aware of and experience Gods personal attention to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your prayer was answered, especially after all of that hiking! No joint pain and a good nights sleep, Amen! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)