Charleston, Part 2

We walked many, many streets!  On one sidewalk, this man had set up his canvas and was painting the houses across the street (seen in the next photograph).  Oh, to be able to do this!
Old churches stood side by side with the beautiful houses.  Most of the churches included graveyards in various states of repair.  At the Baptist church, the stones lined the wall separating it from the neighbors.
This Unitarian cemetery was enormous!  The vegetation had been trimmed (somewhat) but overall there was a look of age.  I could have spent hours here.  It included the sundial and its engraved dedicatory words.

And everywhere--houses, flowers, and history!
The Calhoun Mansion replete with incredibly manicured yard/garden with fountains and this weather vane...
We walked MILES yesterday!  Side streets and main streets, sometimes the same streets--always seeing something new.  I'm so glad we did.  And I'm thankful for eyes to see and legs to carry me, for blue skies, strong breeze and sunshine.  For friendly folk, resources to enjoy a good salad at a comfortable restaurant, for a cellphone with a fine camera, and for a husband with whom to enjoy this experience...
Thank you, God, for EVERYTHING!

7 comments:

  1. It's all so beautiful Rebecca and I am so happy that you are having a wonderful time. And that you are so blessed to have your wonderful husband at your side! I love seeing all of the gorgeous flowers everywhere! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are wonderful. Thanks for taking us on your tour with you,I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising GOD with you....so thankful you are enjoying a beautiful vacation with your hubby.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, I always enjoy seeing other places trough other peoples eyes, it's more realistic than what we can see in publicity or in books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My comments are disappearing from here Rebecca.
    So, Im trying again...enjoyed the photos.
    ♥...Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photography!!! With a cell phone?? You are absolutely incredible!! I think my two favorites are 1) the artist :-) 2) the window box full of flowers!! So stunning! Yes, so much to be thankful for! So glad you are having such a glorious time! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)