Hallowed Be Your Name...



This morning in our women's Sunday School class we are studying this phrase:  "Hallowed be your name."  It's an archaic word - "hallowed".  Few things are reverenced, set apart, respected these days.

Consequences ALWAYS follow disrespect.  For Moses, who failed to respect the holiness of God, it meant never entering Promised Land (Numbers 20:1-13).  For Annnanis and Sapphira in Acts 4, it meant instant death.

I wonder what  "consequences" I may be experiencing currently because I have ignored, trivialized or minimized the holiness of God?

Today in churches all over this country and world, God extends another mercy.  Another day to honor Him, to praise Him, to forget ourselves, to submit to His Lordship, to realign ourselves with all that is right, pure, just, and good..  Because of the once-for-all sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we have this mercy.  We have this privilege.

Heavenly Father, Let your name be kept holy!  Let your name be treated with reverence.  Today and Forever.  Amen.

6 comments:

  1. I can't help but think how "the name above all names" will one day cause "every knee to bow; every tongue confess" that He alone is Lord!

    Great post.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to this! I don't think we truly understand His holiness and what our response to it should be.
    I'm worshipping with my son today in Oklahoma. Also celebrating his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising HIM and praying I will be found faithful.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often think of the consequences I may be experiencing now or what in the future lies waiting because I constantly seem to put the Good Lord on the back burner of my life.

    Thanks for this, Rebecca. I have some choices to make, I've known this for a long time, and it's time to act and stop the procrastination.
    Love to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so easy to say we put God first and most think they do, myself included.....wonder at times if I really do......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think that our God is a punishing God, therefore he wouldn't have any consequences.
    I believe that our own guilt is our punishment.
    But what do I know!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)