Thursday of our Autumn Vacation

We found the Angola Public Library and spent some time there checking our email and reading the newspaper.

In 2004, a beautiful library addition was built to encircle the existing Carnegie Library.  The result is fascinating.  The old building continues to house a research room (upstairs) and additional books in its lower level.




We ate a mid-afternoon dinner at Clay's on Lake George.  At a quaint antique shop next to the restaurant, I purchased two tie bars for my husband.  


We spent the evening watching a couple of movies and eating popcorn in the comfort of the cottage.

While at the cottage, I made some cushion covers out of old sheets that the owner/friend had sent up as a possibility for covering them.  (I'd taken my wonderfully-portable sewing machine with me with this project in mind).


We woke up this morning (Friday) to a clear view of the lake.  The weather has been less than ideal, but our vacation has had a quiet beauty to it.

After a leisurely breakfast and our personal "quiet times", we packed up and headed back home--eager to BE home.  We will lay low for a couple of days, eating out and doing some household projects that we were ready and anxious to do.  Vacations really do WORK!

4 comments:

  1. Peaceful and wonderful. It sounds like you rested and relaxed and enjoyed your time. Makes me glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed some relaxing moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, welcome home. I do hope your vacation renewed you to face the cold winter and enjoy the lovely feeling of being home. There is no better place on earth....I love the covers you made, you are wonderful and loyal friend.....Luv ya....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca was this Angola Indiana? If so it is where lots of my family live!
    Love Di

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)