Seasons Change but Not God!




Let nothing perturb you, nothing frighten you.  All things pass.  God does not change.  Patience achieves everything.
--Mother Teresa




Abide With Me 
Henry F. Lyte, 1847

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
Earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see—
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.


I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s pow’r?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies;
Heav’n’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

10 comments:

  1. One of my favorite hymns.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the only song played at my Grandmother's funeral. It will always have a special place in my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites my friend and so enjoyed hearing it again as it's been a while. Have a wonderful weekend......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,Rebecca!!!! I love this hymn...and it describes so perfectly my heart today...and also the first song on your playlist tonight("Your Name") expresses the fullness of my heart today and yesterday!!!! God is so very GOOD and AWESOME!!!! We have so much to praise Him for in good times and bad!!! Thank you for rejoicing with me, my dear friend!! It means so much to me to be able to share my joy with my dear sisters!!! Much love to you, and many blessings this weekend and always! Janine XOXO

    P.S. I notice that you like classical music as well!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very joyful peaceful post Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a beautiful hymn Rebecca. I love hymns so much. I have been holding back tears all day. I want to go to church tomorrow but am afraid that I won't be able to contain myself.
    Thank You Rebecca, Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rebecca,
    I just wanted to let you know that the tears still keep threatening to spill over. But then I stop and think , why ? God is watching over me and he has me in mind . I am just waiting . He always comes through for me.
    I could cry, and I want to but In the back of my mind I know that he will carry us through this so whats the point of the tears!
    I gain strentgh just knowing this .
    I wanted to thank you for your kind comments now as I am on the verge of just going off on my own for awhile. Thank you for you kindness and friendship Rebecca. Your words are very inspirational for me. You are a dear, dear friend. Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to let go of this wonderful season. I want to treasure every minute. Our next season will be more challenging when "Earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away."

    I like Isaiah 41:10
    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love this beautiful old hymn. I'm missing my dad so much today but hymns like this remind me our separation is only temporary.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)