I Will Awake the Dawn

I woke up around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally I showered, came downstairs, made coffee and began to journal. My Psalm for the morning is 57. I began reading, remembering times when it seemed that I, too, was in the "storms of destruction". I remember the helpless feelings I experienced. I remember the simple prayers I prayed (when I COULD pray), "Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me."

The mood of the Psalm changes around verse 7 as David got a grip on himself and realigned his heart with the steadfast love of God (verses 5 & 10). "My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast." (Interesting repetition--corresponding to his repeated prayer for mercy in the first verse.)

Then he continues, "I will sing and make melody!" (When the situation seems impossible, it is STILL possible to sing and make melody....hmmmm.)

And here were my words for today: "I will awake the dawn!"

I will, too! With thanksgiving; with praises. "For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds."
"Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!"

Here comes the dawn now!
I thank You. I praise You.
Lord, You are over and above ALL today!

5 comments:

  1. Amen, very beautiful my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heart felt thanks from me to you today. God does keep us as we spend time in prayer with HIM.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rebecca what a beautiful post. Some days are much easier to get into than others for sure. You know Rebecca, after my husband died I motivated myself to keep up with my housework by knowing God was here everyday and he deserved a clean house. It helped me as at that time I couldn't even see the point of making my bed for just me.
    Have a great day my friend...:-) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. It warms my heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Friend,
    I am so glad to be back reading your post! Wonderful post today, Oh! That I could give thanks when things are not going well!
    I love to read His Word and journal in the wee hours of the morn. It seems that I am closer to God then than at any other time! Thank you for sharing.
    I also enjoyed looking at the pictures of your flowers, I too am amazed at the pictures of flowers that I have too!
    Thank you for sharing these inspiring thought today!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)