Of Photographers and Theologians


Everywhere we travel, photographers dot the roadsides and trails. Professional and amateur alike! (Then there is me with my trusty cellphone/camera!) From the smallest blossom to the rustic homestead of Noah "Bud" Ogle, we attempt to capture something up close and personal to accompany us back into everyday life or to communicate something of the journey to others.

In many ways, photography and theology are not so different--for no matter how large or how small the "picture", it is but a miniscule glimpse into the vast expanse that is caled "Great Smoky Mountain National Park" which in turn is but a miniscule part of the Creator we know as God. Is it possible that the most trained and knowledgeable theologian has at best captured only miniscule portions of the character, mind, power and personhood of God?

My thoughts run much deeper than these brief words, but trying to capture them all is a little like using my cellphone camera while standing beside a professional with tripod and other expensive equipment.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are deep thoughts!--and very true. I'm sure none of us, including theologians, have truly seen anything but a glimpse of the character, mind and power of God! Thank goodness we don't have to comprehend it to experience it! Donna

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)