Not Even Solomon

Yesterday, my sister-in-law and I walked trails in the Great Smoky National Park.  She is knowledgeable about the wild flowers, and every year we spend some time there as I refresh my limited knowledge and learn to identify a new species or two.  I took along my cell phone to take pictures of the ones we saw in bloom this mid-April day and to have pictures from which to  identify a couple we saw that she was unfamiliar with.  We found at least 26 variety of wildflowers this time out and identified all but 2.

On the short drive back to her home, I remembered that I shared this interest with King Solomon.  I looked up the reference in my Bible this morning and found this(Solomon) could speak with authority about all kinds of plants, from the great cedar of Lebanon to the tiny hyssop that grows from cracks in a wall. He could also speak about animals, birds, small creatures, and fish.  (I Kings 4:33).  Unlike Solomon, I cannot "speak with authority about all kinds of plants"!

















...not even Solomon in all his glory was dressed as beautifully as they are.  (Matthew 6:29)

2 comments:

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)