Garden Walk in Norwalk

We found this garden walk advertised in one of those free newspapers
that you find in restaurants and other public papers.
 You will see that I am attracted to objects as much as plants in yards and gardens!
 Below:  A copper watering decoration (water comes from the beak of the bird).
Can you see the wheel of the old cultivator below?
A flowering vine twines about the wheel.
The owner of this house selected the sandstone from a local quarry
and moved it to act as a step outside the patio doors.
He was quite proud of it!
 I would love to put some succulents atop one of 
our birdhouses like this! 
 Above and below - spots along paths on a hill behind 
my favorite garden on the walk...
 Definitely a relaxing way to spend the first day
of our actual vacation!
(We left our convention after the final session this morning.)
Having driven through breath-taking vineyard country
and quaint villages late this afternoon, 
we are lodged and relaxing at a Days Inn 
several miles into New York State.

5 comments:

  1. These are really neat ;) :) I especially liked that first one...a lovely old spot ;) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RB loves doing this sort of thing. We find ourselves wandering more now that it's just the two of us. He loves gardens. Me, too, but I would have been happy to curl up on a bench and read while he checked it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I am trying to find more inspiration for my yard. Been working on it but it's too hot right now.
    What a pretty walk Rebecca! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)