People-Watching

If ONLY I'd thought to record the conversation among these three lively women
who met across the aisle from us at Barnes and Noble yesterday!
The two standing had apparently walked the mall
before sitting down at the table where they were joined by the third lady.
Here, the two stood up to look admiringly at a magazine in which
the home of a niece of the white-sweatered lady was featured.
They remarked with excitement about the decor,
while agreeing that white was not for them!
 Their conversation included such lines as:
  • She's been on disability for a long time.  Some people just take advantage of the system!
  • I turned my ankle and it swelled.  So I heated some water with Epson salts in it and soaked my foot.  It feels so much better.
  • You should see my sink!  I ought to get a new one, but I could die by next year.
  • I bought new faucets at Menards and they are already pitted! 
  • I'd like to get one of those instant hot water heaters.  I have to run and run and run the water before it heats up.
  • So-and-so just got a bunch of new furniture.  She gave me several pieces.
  • Well, tell ME the next time she gives some away.
  • How old is YOUR house?
  • How long have you lived in it?
It was SO much fun to listen in to their talk.
I wonder who I'll be meeting when I'm 80 years old...
and who will be listening in to our conversation.
Hmmmmm.

11 comments:

  1. What a tantalizing conversation you overheard in snippets; they sound like 3 lively gals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It would have made a great chapter in a book!

      Delete
  2. Haha!......I have to confess to this being a favourite occupation over coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca,
    Long time no hear, on both our sides.........nice to be here and love the conversation.
    Sounds like 3 very good long time friends.........I get a kick out of people watching too,
    and ocassionally you get to hear a fun conversation. Looks like they were having a great
    time, and you too, bet you got quite a chuckle or two...........
    Hope all is well with you hon. Have a great rest of the week.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. While shopping the other day at Hobby Lobby, an older woman approached another older woman. She said.....YOU came to Hobby Lobby without me????? why didn't you call???? I blurted out....YOU came without her....we all laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Rebecca... it can be pretty interesting the people watching and listening sometimes!
    And I do hope you decide to write that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go back once a week, record, write and return. Thirteen chapters or so later.....Best seller. Then a movie. Then the Golden Globes.

      Delete
  6. Oh, how sweet...I'm a people watcher, too, but not usually privileged to hear the conversation! ;')

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You should see my sink! I ought to get a new one, but I could die by next year."


    Hahahahhahaha!!!


    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)