This Too is Life

  • Furnace malfunction
  • Purchase and installation of new furnace
  • Visit to the HUGE Farm Show with my dad
  • Dr. visit where the pain in my side (which got increasingly sharp) was diagnosed as broken rib from a cold/cough that I've had for weeks
  • Friends over last night for delightful evening of chili and games
  • Disassembled the small Christmas tree; removed all ornaments from the big one
  • Sorting of vintage Christmas tree bulbs; keeping only the blue and red ones.
  • Meals planned and prepared; laundry done; met friends for coffee; shopped for groceries
  • Welcomed phone conversations with a couple of our children
  • Suffering friends prayed for
  • Sad situations mourned

This too was life this week.....
the big
the small
of it.


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes all it takes is some big tractors on display somewhere. Haha! We have a few of these guys in our family too. :)

      Delete
  2. Exactly! I didn't think to get a photo of him marvelling at the most modern milking stations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a huge machine and a happy smile on your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What huge tractors and a huge smile on your Dad's face. That kind of equipment is amazing.

    Years ago I had a horrible cold where my cough was awful and just wouldn't go away. I was out hanging up or taking down laundry from the clotheslines when I coughed and screamed. DH came over and when I told him what happened, he told me I had probably just cracked a rib. He had read about that happening to people. He helped me to the swing out back and I laid in it and watched him work. That area can be painful at times, depending on what I'm doing. Take it easy dear heart.

    Have a nice evening and Sunday tomorrow ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you KNOW how painful it can be! I was sore in that area - especially when I coughed, but one morning it was intense and I took me to the Dr.! He said I'd probably jarred the broken rib into a new place where it was causing the sharper pain. Made sense to me!

      Delete
  5. Oh a broken rib! Ouch! Your week sounds good over all, full of real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, this sounds like real life, I am so thankful that God always rescues us through the bad stuff! So sorry about your ribs, praying for swift healing for you! I am so looking forward to springtime.
    Thank you for your visit and your sweet comment!
    Blessings,
    p.s. i deleted my previous comment because of a misplaced word. so sorry!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)