When It's Easier NOT To...

Yesterday afternoon we walked at a nearby nature preserve.
The weather was perfect...the sun found us even in the middle of the woods.
Not a lot of color was to be found,
but all was peaceful and quiet.
Hickory nuts and acorns peppered the path.
Interesting sights staggered here and there
begged our notice.

 I'm thankful to have made the effort to fit in even a little time outdoors
and for the one who shared the walk with me.
Sometimes it's easier not to...
D'ya know what I mean?
Now to remember the reward for such little effort 
the NEXT time I'm tempted "not to"!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree, so many times I have missed a blessing by my lack of motivation, your photos are so lovely. I can only imagine the serenity your felt. Have a blessed weekend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serenity, yes! And thanks for the blessing. I wish you the same ♥

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it is easier not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do as many 'when it's easier not to's' as possible! That way, you'll have many blessings enjoyed now and less regret later on.

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥ (REALLY good to hear from you, Lorraine.)

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos... I love Fall! Shalom, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)