Meals

Old recipes are the best--with a little tweaking now and then, of course...
Meals--planning, preparation and cleanup--occupy more time than I realized!  Leisurely they wander in and out of my minutes and hours.  They take me to cupboard and cookbook; internet and recipe file.  I search refrigerator and pantry for them.  I travel, too.  Superstores and small-town grocery.  Occasionally a roadside market.  Slowly they take shape.  Each one unique; odd combinations of time and taste and what's on hand. I find a surprising pleasure in their creation because I wasn't always "into" cooking.
 (This observation from my journal entry a few days ago.)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Doesn't look real appetizing on the photo, does it? It's a layered salad - (Usually with lettuce and peas - this one with a bagged mixed lettuce). Topped with Hellman's mayo, a little sugar, Parmesan cheese and bacon. This one has a few sunflower seeds on top, too. You put SaranWrap over it and refrigerate until ready to eat - then toss & serve.

      Delete
  2. I don't always enjoy the thought of cooking, but the actual doing of it is enjoyable. I like creating a meal for everyone to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)