While the Clothes Dried

Inspired by two fellow bloggers this morning,
I decided to take the plunge while the clothes dried in the laundry closet.
The 20 minute soak passed quickly.  
I was reading the final pages in New Harmony Indiana: Like a River, Not a Lake,
a memoir of Jane Blaffer Owen.
But my thoughts kept interrupting--
going to the time when the Apostle Peter objected to Jesus
who, towel in hand, set about to wash the feet of His disciples.
After objecting, Peter submitted with the words:
"Then wash my hands and head as well, Lord, not just my feet!"
(John 13:9)
YES, LORD!
Take MY life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take MY feet  
and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
(Frances Ridley Havergal)

4 comments:

  1. Ah! I need a nice foot soak! Maybe later today!

    I love how Peter 'gets' it in that passage. That's my desire too, not just my feet Lord, but all of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You now have me considering a foot soak, it sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)