Hold Outs

We are the "hold outs"!
Determined to control the weeds while all around us are giving in.
It feels like a losing battle sometimes, but that's what we do.
On my walk to mail some letters at our small town post office,
I cut through the bank's parking lot and noticed the dandelion in the mulch.
Struck by its beauty, I stopped to take a picture.
But no matter HOW intriguing its appearance,
I won't be lured into tolerating it in our lawn.
Sigh.
We will continue to be diligent and ruthless in our efforts.
Kind of reminds me of this challenge:
"For the free gift of eternal salvation is now being offered to everyone;
and along with this gift comes the realization 
that God wants us to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures 
and to live good, God-fearing lives day after day  
looking forward to that wonderful time we’ve been expecting,
when his glory shall be seen—the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."
Titus 2:11-13 TLB 
Yes, I'm holding out by His grace and in His power.
Thanks be to God who gives the victory.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks be to God!

    We can't get rid of the dandelions here in the country. There is just no way.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)