Ready and Waiting

 It started as an old blue shelf relegated to a place in the shed
where it housed garden tools and other miscellaneous items.
While looking for something the right size to hold my father's
small television in the dining area of our kitchen,
we remembered it.
My husband fashioned legs to make it stand a little taller.
 Then he painted it white to match the trim in the room.
And here it stands...
ready and waiting.
Completely "reborn" for a specific purpose and time--
to provide a place for the small television
so Dad can watch a favorite show in the morning as he eats his breakfast.
The other shelves will be used to house the games 
we frequently play at the table
and music books I use at the keyboard 
that fits snugly beside the shelf unit.
Sometimes I feel a bit like the shelf--
Reborn for a specific purpose and time.
Ready and waiting.

Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Thou art the potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after thy will,
while I am waiting, yielded and still. ♪


8 comments:

  1. And at times as the Potter is molding and shaping me, I cry out. Yet who am I to tell the Potter what I should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Tamara....I know!
      Foolish, isn't it? Yet so "human" of us.

      Delete
  2. Great transformation.

    Being molded daily into the woman God sees me as. Oh for grace to rest in His tender, loving care, to continually trust in Him.

    Have a lovely Wednesday dear Rebecca. FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! It's a FULL Wednesday. How about yours?

      Delete
  3. You're hubby has such a talent with woodworking. That's an awesome way to repurpose something....and looks even better now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent remake!

    Its not always comfortable but I am happy to be remade as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post. brilliant brain and artistic hands can shape the worse into the best .marvellous

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely "repurpose"! And His "repurposes" are lovely too, aren't they? "He has made everything beautiful in its time."

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)