Numbering My Days

 In years past, September has been the month in which I shop
for a replacement to the calendar that I carry with me most everywhere.
The ones I have been using include the last 3 months of the current year
along with the 12 of the coming year.
For some reason, I had difficulty finding one like them this year.
I settled for this one...a bit wider, minus some note pages
(which I seemed to not use anyway
 thinking I needed to save them for something "important").
My search turned into a comedy of sorts beginning in a Meijer store,
moving into Walmart, and ending in an Office Depot 
which sadly was closing its location nearest us.

In the end, it was THIS feature - two pockets - that sold me on this particular calendar.
I'll just finish out this year in the 2016 version
and wait to begin the new one in January--
which makes sense anyway!
I have been using the calendar on my cell phone more regularly
but can't quite divorce myself from a paper version just yet...

 Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts.
Psalm 90:12

 All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. 
~J.R.R. Tolkien

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! I can't seem to let go of my paper calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really use the calendar on my phone unless I'm out and need to see what day a certain date is. Otherwise I have a calendar on the wall and I like it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)