All the Books in the World

Sitting at a table at Barnes and Noble today,
I marveled at ALL the new books available here
(not to mention those not in stock but orderable)....
A sentence from John's writing about my Jesus came to mind:

Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. 
Were every one of them to be written, 
I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books
that would be written..
(John 21:25)
I wonder what some of those "many other things that Jesus did" were!
I wonder if John had any idea how many books the world would contain
when he wrote those words.
I wonder what what's behind the adult coloring book craze?
I wonder how many people will buy the adult dot-to-dot activity books I saw today?
I wonder about a LOT of things, don't I?

5 comments:

  1. Oh so true! What do YOU think is behind the adult colouring books? and there is dot to dot??:) I sometimes marvel when I'm at the library at all the books as well, and so many that seem shallow and mediocre, in my opinion any way..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often wondered what those things Jesus did were too! One day we'll know!

    Interesting thoughts about the adult coloring craze and now dot to dots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw them (dot-to-dots) with my own eyes. :)

      And won't it be amazing to find out about all those other things?

      Delete
  3. So many books! It seems like everyone must be an author.

    I have an idea about the coloring book craze. People crave simpler times. Our world can be so wackadoo high stress, but that's not how we were meant to live. Same reason those cooking shows on the Food Network are so popular. It's simple life, good conversation, now stir the peas. Why reality TV crap is popular, I have no idea. I think it's crazy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)