Not I

Add some details and watch your interior transform – 
the more you add...the more tantalising your pad will be. 
And who doesn’t want a pad that makes every jaw hit the floor?
So advised the author of a decorating blog who shall remain anonymous here.
I was surprised by my reaction to that question--
And who doesn't want a pad that makes every jaw hit the floor?
Not I!
It's the very LEAST of my concerns currently.
Is this a GOOD sign or a BAD one?

 ***
Fade, fade, each earthly joy, Jesus is mine!
Break every tender tie, Jesus is mine!
Dark is the wilderness,
Earth has no resting place,
Jesus alone can bless, Jesus is mine!

Farewell, ye dreams of night, Jesus is mine!
Lost in this dawning bright, Jesus is mine!
All that my soul has tried
Left but a dismal void;
Jesus has satisfied, Jesus is mine!
 (From Fade, Fade Each Earthly Joy, by Jane Catharine Lundie Bonar)

3 comments:

  1. What lovely words to that hymn. Encouraging words. This world is NOT our final home.

    Have a good week dear Rebecca ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind you are, FlowerLady!
      I'm looking forward to watching the week unfold.

      Delete
  2. Love this...I completely agree. I want my home to look lived in and loved on....not a showcase!!! And, like Ms. Lorraine said above....this is NOT my final home...praise the Lord for that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)