Never Give Up

 A few of you might remember one of my posts many days ago where 
 I moaned about finishing a jig saw puzzle and being one piece short...
 Well, guess what?
And guess WHERE!
In the very bottom of this very large bag
that I carry around from house to car to nursing home and back again.
There, in the bottom.  Along with a stray penny or two.
Lesson learned?
"Never, never, never give up."  (Winston Churchill)
My grandmother used to say, "Where you lose it, you'll find it."
Apparently she was correct.
It must have dropped into the open bag as it sat underneath the puzzle table...

10 comments:

  1. Good word...good lesson!!! Now it has found its place and the puzzle is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to toss out the puzzle, so sure was I that the piece had not been included in the box when I purchased it (used) at a thrift store. Fortunately I still had it. So now, I can pass it along with a good conscience :)

      Delete
  2. Did you do a little happy dance??? I'm thinking I would. Like your Grandma's saying....if we could just know where we lost it...then, we could find it...immediately...and then, would it really be lost?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my jaw DID drop! I could not believe it - and really couldn't figure out how it got in there....

      Delete
  3. What a life lesson!
    Thank you for sharing this.
    I am humming a chorus right now, "One Thing Remains."
    Love that song...and reminds me again and again: " His. Love. Never. Fails. It. Never. Runs. Out. On Me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great lesson in patience. Good things come to those who wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I like it here already:) I'll come back later..thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Where you lose it, you will find it"...I like that, it seems like it could be applied to many other things in life as well.:)

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)