First Things First

I've enjoyed my husband's recent retirement.
I've viewed it (and used it) as a "new start" for myself.
So far, I've taken on and completed three sorting projects which I've chronicled
in more detail on my thriftystyleatsixty(six) blog.
The third project resulted in finding this long-forgotten jigsaw puzzle. 
I emptied the contents of the plastic bag it was in onto our dining room table.
I'm curious to know if all the pieces are here since it clearly was purchased used.
We've spent random minutes there the past two or three days.
Ordinarily, our approach is to piece together the border first.
In this case, that seemed impossible.  Most of the pieces were dark.  Very dark.
Almost indistinguishable from one another.
This morning I was struck by what WAS possible and my spirit was instructed.
First things first.
And when all else is dark and difficult to piece together......

 What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone. God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation. (Hebrews 2:9-10, New Living Translation)

By the way, does anyone know the name of this painting or the artist?
And am I wrong in thinking this is the Christ Child?
Update:  A facebook friend informed me - Adoration of the Baby by Gerrit van Honthorst.

4 comments:

  1. I love what you saw from doing this puzzle. and it is a beautiful puzzle and how how do you know Elizabeth. I met her through a blog link up and then met her at a retreat in Nebraska this spring. small world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just "know" her via blog. How neat it must have been to meet her in person!

      Delete
  2. Love life lessons! So glad you're finding joy for yourself in your husband's retirement. "Two shall become one"!

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)