Profusely

Anthony Bradley recently tweeted:  "Among the best weapons to fight against depression include committing to a life of gratitude and experiencing real connection in community." I passed this wisdom along to a fellow traveler recently with my OWN exhortation that both of us endeavor to  enter the new day with humble and profuse gratitude.

Then I quickly googled profuse to be sure I'd used the word correctly.  It's NOT a word I use frequently in conversation or writing.  I found these two definitions:
  • 1. Plentiful; copious.
  • 2. Giving or given freely and abundantly; extravagant. 
Yes! I used it correctly! I am humbly and PROFUSELY grateful today.  Worthy?  No.  Grateful?  Profusely!  I can't begin to describe my awareness of the abundant, extravagant grace of God to me throughout my life--and today.  And my awareness falls so short of its actuality! 


Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus,
Deeper than the mighty rolling sea;
Wonderful grace, all sufficient for me, for even me.
Broader than the scope of my transgressions,
Greater far than all my sin and shame,
O magnify the precious Name of Jesus.
Praise His Name!
(Chorus of "Wonderful Grace of Jesus")

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful way to continue on in my devotions this early morning! I couldn't agree more! Living a life of gratitude has radically changed my attitude these last few years.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts here this morning!! Yes, we will be profusely grateful if we get a glimpse of the measure with which He has blessed us! Love the song and its profound words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of the clematis to go along with your words of wisdom. The words to the song truly spoke to me...."Wonderful grace, all sufficient for me, for EVEN ME!" EVEN ME.....WOW!!! Happy Tuesday, Ms. Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song, but I don't think of it enough.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)