Could/Should/Want To

Yesterday I read Brenda's post, "Are you living life on purpose?"  Several of her "purposes" run parallel to my own.  I commented: 

I identify with most of your personal purposes....need to pay attention to #3. Blogging & some intense Bible study fill my day. I have neglected my song-writing and COULD/SHOULD/WANT TO get back to it. I also want to figure out how to spend more time serving others & connecting intentionally with friends. My responsibilities to my aging parents take a lot of my time and emotional energy, but I want to steward what I have left better in this area...There. I've said it.

 

This morning I reviewed my comment and see that I've made excuses.  I've even sabotaged myself by piling stuff on my piano and all over potential work surfaces.  This morning I WILL be spending time with my parents, but by day's end, this surface will be cleared (or at least organized)!  And tomorrow, I'll be spending time with a friend making pickles in her kitchen.  Friday morning will find friends gathered around my kitchen table enjoying coffee and coffee cake while we make plans for our fall Bible study. 


...song-writing, intentional relationships, serving others, better stewardship of my energies...
COULD/SHOULD/WANT TO
Next time you visit me here, I plan to be able to say "DONE"!

By the way, have YOU ever sabotaged your own best intentions?

3 comments:

  1. beautiful blog i found you thrue other bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are a songwriter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been my experience that self-sabotage is a far greater foe than many others I might identify. The making of excuses, blame-placing & dodges are much too easy to employ. I like your challenge to being accountable. It's worthy of a regular, thorough moral inventory.

    ReplyDelete

Writing a Song a Week #3

Writing a Song a Week #3
♪ I wait for the Lord; my soul waits and in his word I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning ♪ (Psalm 130:5-6)